Here are a few quick tutorials to get you up and running, writing your own Ethereum applications.
Git is a version management system for source code. It provides your with complete history tracking, which makes it easy to undo mistakes and see what has changed from one time to another.
See: Installing Git
- The Ethers CLI (Command Line Interface) is a package of tools to simplify creating, maintaining and deploying your applications on ethers.space which is a free web hosting platform provided by Ethers.
To install ethers-cli using npm:
/Users/ricmoo> sudo npm install -g ethers-cli
Creating Testnet Accounts¶
For the tutorials, create two accounts on testnet, one named “Admin” and one named “User”.
- Step #1
- Go to https://testnet.ethers.io.
- Step #2
- Select “Create New Account”.
- Step #3
- Choose and confirm your password; do NOT lose this password, it cannot be reset.
- Step #4
- Download your encrypted Backup JSON Wallet.
- Step #5
- Drag and drop your Backup JSON Wallet (to verify you have successfully downloaded it; it is not uploaded to any server).
- Step #6
- Click the Accounts Gear and select the account.
- Step #7
- Click the Edit Name Icon (pencil icon) and change the name.